Dave's focus on sustainability is a result of his work in venture capital, regional economic development and energy policy. In 2007, as a visiting executive at the Meyer Memorial Trust, he developed a investing thesis on mission related investing (MRI); this tool has since been adopted by several institutions.
He is CEO and founder of Equilibrium Capital Group; an investment firm focused in the area of sustainability.
From 2000-2007, Dave was a general partner at OVP Venture Partners focused on early stage tech venture investing.
Until 2002, he served on the board of HNC Software and merged it with FICO (NASDAQ:HNCS, now NYSE:FIC).
Prior to OVP, Dave founded GeoTrust (acquired by Verisign 2006) & The Ascent Group; was Vice President Marketing Mentor Graphics; was an associate at McKinsey & Co; and was an early team member in 1978-84 at Solectron.
Dave serves as:
- Board Member of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco's Portland Branch
- Governor-Appointed Chairman of the Oregon Innovation Council
- Advisory Board Member of the Oregon Investment Fund (OIF)
- Advisory Board of the X Prize for Energy & Environment
- Board member of National Collegiate Inventors & Innovators Alliance (NCIIA)
- Board member The Freshwater Trust
- Chairman (2003-2009) of the Oregon Nanoscience and Microtechnologies Institute (ONAMI)
- Chairman (2006) of the Oregon Entrepreneurs Forum